Ecycle Pros promotes responsible environmental stewardship to comply with standards regarding the reuse, refurbishment or recycling of products collected through our programs and the disposal of waste generated from the recycling process.
Environmental, Health and Safety
- Ecycle Pros actively manages an environmental, health and safety management system in order to evaluate risks in a systematic manner and support continual process improvement.
- Ecycle Pros completes all recycling activities in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances and holds all applicable licenses, permits, authorizations or approvals from governmental entities.
- Ecycle Pros employs only competent personnel that are knowledgeable in the services provided, and does not employ forced, bonded, indentured or involuntary prison labor.
- Ecycle Pros uses available processes and techniques which minimize the waste and environmental impact generated during the recycling process, does not utilize incineration or land disposal for equipment or components and will not use these technologies as a primary management strategy for waste generated during the recycling process.
- Ecycle Pros screens all equipment and components to determine if it is practical to reuse them for the original intended purpose or to recycle them.
- Ecycle Pros processes all hard drives and similar data storage devices in a way that renders all data unrecoverable.
- Ecycle Pros responsibly manages the recycling process and material in a manner that minimizes environmental impacts for all equipment and components that have reached end-of-life.
- Ecycle Pros and downstream service providers do not sell or export outside of developed countries any non-working equipment or components.
Technology is the fastest growing waste stream on Earth. We want to be part of the solution. This is an important part of our commitment to recycling. As a result, we have a goal to recycle 20 million pounds of electronics by the end of 2017.
The products are removed from your location, we then determine if the product can be repaired, repurposed or recycled. To ensure all products collected for recycling are handled and processed responsibly, we partner directly with qualified and respected recycling companies. We recover ozone-depleting chemicals from discarded electronics using various technologies, our recyclers dismantle the units, separating out the commodities (metals, Circuit Boards, glass, etc.). The recyclers ensure the reclaimed commodities are recycled and repurposed into new products.
Ecycle Pros accepts hard drives and items containing hard drives for recycling. In the case of hard drives in laptops, desktop PCs, copy machines, telecom equipment and any other devices harboring HDDs customers have the choice to remove their data themselves, or they can consult with Ecycle Pros personnel about services we offer to remove the hard drive before handing over the PC to be recycled.
Reduce, reuse, recycle. You’ve probably heard this saying hundreds of times before, but do you know what it really means? The three R’s are used to explain the importance of cutting down on waste, finding new uses for old things, and recycling those items that can no longer be used. Ideally, it is best to prioritize each item.
We all know that recycling is an easy and effective way to make a difference for our planet. That doing your part to recycle helps to save energy, conserve natural resources, protect the environment and reduce the amount of waste going to our landfills. But here are a few facts about recycling that you may not know.